All About: Quartz Countertops

images/assets/temp/logo-large.png

Whether you are building or remodeling a home for a client, the design of a kitchen is one of the most important things. From the cabinets to countertops, homeowners want something timeless, durable and functional. 

When it comes to countertops, one of the rising materials in residential and commercial kitchens is quartz. These countertops are capturing the hearts of homeowners because of their look, durability and functionality.

If you are considering contacting a quartz wholesale for your next project, here is what you need to know about this popular countertop. 

What are quartz countertops made of?

Quartz countertops are a popular “engineered stone.” This material is created from 90 percent ground quartz - a natural hard mineral. The rest of the quartz slab, 8 to 10 percent, is formed from resins, polymers and pigments. 

When mixing all these materials, they create a hard granite-like surface. The color and appearance of the quartz slab depend on grounded quartz. If the grouped quartz is finely grounded, then the look of the quartz will be smooth, while a more rough grounded quartz will give the appearance of larger freckles. 

The difference between quartz and quartzite countertops

People tend to believe that quartz and quartzite countertops are the same things. The truth is that these materials are distinct. As stated above, quartz countertops are “engineered stone.”  In contrast, quartzite countertops are natural stone. 

Pros and Cons of Quartz Countertops

Durability

People choose quartz countertops over other options because of its durability. These countertops last for years. Unlike other countertops, quartz does not crack, chip and scratch. These qualities make them ideal for commercial or industrial kitchens and bathrooms. 

Appearance 

Not only are quartz countertops durable, but they also come in a variety of styles. These countertops can resemble natural stones like granite or marble. For those who want a sleeker and uniformed countertop, they are also available in monochrome options. 

Nonporous 

Quartz countertops are nonporous - this means that they don't have pores on the surface. Porous countertop surfaces can allow water or other liquids to go into the stone. 

The water inside the stone can cause discoloration or create stains. That is why sealing porous countertops are essential. The advantage of quartz countertops is that there no sealing is required. 

Versatile 

A big perk about quartz countertops is that you can use them in any room. You can use them in residential and commercial spaces. In kitchens, they can withstand the heat, messes and even food spills. They work perfectly in bathrooms, as well, because they can endure the humidity and water spillages. 

Expensive

If you are on a tight budget, quartz countertops might not be the best option. These countertops tend to cost more than other existing countertops.

Their durability, non-porous surface and ability to be customized makes them expensive. However, if you’re looking for material that will last for your client this is one of the best options. 

Now that you know the pros and cons of quartz countertops, choose the best quartz wholesale! At Firenze International, we have high-quality quartz countertops and other natural stone options. Contact us to see our inventory. 

Back

Related articles

How to clean quartz countertops

Keep your quartz countertops clean and disinfected with these tips!

READ MORE

Bathroom stone trends

The bathroom is the second most used room in your house. That is why you should keep it up to date and modern. On average homeowners who remodel their bathrooms will get 66 percent of that cost back in the resale value of their home. That is a lot of money back for such an underappreciated room. Before remodeling your bathroom you need to make a budget and list of needs. Do research about how to maximize your space and which materials you should invest in. However, you do want to remodel your bathroom with trends that will last and bring value to your home in the long run. We want to share with you some of the bathroom trends worth investing on for the upcoming year.

READ MORE

Quartz

Over the next several weeks we are going to be covering the different surface materials to use in your contracting projects. So the question remains, which surfacing material is right to recommend to your clients? To help you out in discovering the answer to this question, we will be exploring different surfacing materials each week explaining what they are and their advantages and disadvantages. We hope that in doing so we help you get that much closer to discovering the surfacing material that is right for your project.

READ MORE