This week, we will continue our series on the different surface materials that you can use in your contracting projects. So far, we’ve covered Quartz and Granite and what they are along with their advantages; and this week, we will continue by covering Marble, both man-made and natural.
Read below to find out all about Marble!
Marble - What Is It?
Marble is a metamorphic rock that forms when limestone is subjected to heat and pressure. Marble occurs in large deposits and allows it to be economically mined on a large scale. Some mines and quarries produce millions of tons of Marble every year.
What Are The Advantages Of Natural Or Man-Made Marble?
The Price Of Marble
- Natural Marble: Natural marble is a high-end product with a high-end price. Things such as quarrying, cutting, and availability are what make this item so expensive.
- Man-Made Marble: Cultured (man-made) marble is less expensive than natural Marble since it isn’t found in a quarry and is just a mix of elements that are poured into a mold.
Maintenance Of Marble
- Natural Marble: Having natural marble in your home can be high maintenance. Since it is a porous stone, it requires a lot of care and upkeep. Marble can become cracked, chipped, and discolored which is why experts say you should have it resealed every 6 months.
- Man-Made Marble: Cultured marble on the other hand is not a porous material therefore does not require as much upkeep and maintenance.
Marble Has A Wide Selection Of Styles
- Natural Marble: Choosing natural marble is a process of finding available marble in the yard. When offering your clients natural marble, decisions such as color, size, and slice thickness need to be made.
- Man-Made Marble: Choosing cultured marble is a creative process. Cultured marble is poured to the specification of the client and can be customized according to what the client wants. The options are endless.
In this article, we’ve tackled the surfacing material Marble. We’ve explained what it is and its associated benefits. We hope that in doing so we’ve helped to narrow down the search!
Feel like there’s still more to be learned about Marble? To find out more, click here!
Don’t think Marble is the right fit for you? No worries. Head over to our blog to explore many of the other options available to you.
If you are in search of natural stone for your project, contact us at Firenze International and we would love to help you out!